There’s a reason today’s execs aren’t sporting plaid leisure suits and snappy white patent shoes. Those fashion icons have long since been replaced. Many times over.
Updating to stay fresh and relevant is critical to forward momentum. But when it comes to channel incentives, too many companies are trapped under the burden of dated thought and complacency. Time for business to imitate life.
Let's raid your channel incentive closet...
- Have you stopped asking the tough questions and challenging your vendor/supplier/partner to put new ideas on the table?
- Are you agile and responsive to the way your channel partners operate today?
- Are you dusting off the same communication themes and tactics?
- Do you know what your channel really thinks of your program? When’s the last time you gauged their interest/activity?
- Are your program results really what you expected? Really?
- If there’s a better way, why are you still in a leisure suit?
Look, change isn’t easy. We know this. But it’s necessary for the health of your organization. So don’t paralyze growth in your channel with the same dated channel incentive program. Don’t cave to maintaining the status quo. You have a right to fresh technology, strategy, communication, measurement analytics, and certainly results. So do your channel partners. Not only do you both have a right to it, you deserve it.